Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A New Year Begins

This year is full of new beginnings for me.

This year will bring a new lifestyle: my last day on the job is Friday! Then it will be stay-at-home mom life for me.

This year will bring a new baby: only 18 days until she is due to be born! I'm thrilled and terrified.

This year will bring a new home: I have lived in Alaska my entire life (excepting college in Virginia and England), but this year my Air Force husband will be getting orders for a new base. We won't know where until May and we'll be there by August!

It has been a while since I have consistently kept a blog. And I am making no promises to consistency now. But as I approach a year of intense transition in my life, I find myself wanting to document it in a way that I hope helps encourage others. There was a time in my life when change terrified me. I cried tears asking why things couldn't just stay the same. As He has taught me more and more about life and His own constant faithfulness, change has ceased to bring fear with it. I still struggle with worry sometimes. I wonder often what things will look like in a year. But I know God is faithful, and I trust that He will lead us where we need to be.

I don't want to commit myself to a certain style or frequency of post on here. It is more a place to document new life. Within that umbrella, I will probably post a rather eclectic assortment of things! I am imagining posts will include craft projects, thoughtful ponderings, pictures, scripture, etc. Whatever strikes my fancy, really!

I hope that it is a fruitful exercise in celebrating new life.

Location:Alaska

No comments:

Post a Comment